Monday, February 7, 2011

Remembering

I think I'm starting to get what I'm supposed to remember. After a conversation with Kay, I've concluded that the dreams I've been having aren't really nightmares but memories. My mind is attempting to show me what I've forgotten, and it's working slowly but surely. The main dream I've been having has been my parents and I in the park.

Oh...I guess I should tell you all now because I told Kay I would: my parents are dead. Not only that but I can't remember anything around my seventh birthday and the years before that. It's all a hazy mess but it's slowly starting to realign. I've been pouring over it all day, attempting to bring back something that will just make it all click into place. Thus far I've been able to gather that we were in the park when my parents disappeared and I think I followed to look for them. Something happened when I went into the woods, and it's probably because of him.

I don't know how I lost my memory or why though. It could have been trauma, but I'm unsure of that yet. I'm going to keep working at pulling these memories out from the confines of my mind and put them in place. So far I'm getting bits and pieces, but nothing that really strikes me as odd. I haven't even seen a glimpse of him in anything, so I suppose that could be a good sign.

Any tips on getting your memory back?

Take care of yourselves.

-Cathy

10 comments:

  1. Hypnosis. That works, I know it for a fact.

    Uhm, in the absence of a hypnotist, might I suggest places that trigger memories of that time? The old house you lived in? The foster home? God knows memories came back every time I passed those places back in London.

    On another note, THANK GOD YOU'RE ALIVE AND FINE. And, well, Kay is awesome, that's what she does.

    And I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's great to see another foster kid done good around here. <3

    Please keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...It seems an increasing number of people have had Slendy show up in their lives before now, usually in Childhood.

    Vivi and I have managed to get ahold of some of her family photos, so see if He is in any of them and we're going to visit my parents next weekend and we're going to try and find some photos from when I was a kid.

    --Chester

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cathy *hug* I know that was hard for you to share. I'm still working on a few things on my end that might be able to help you remember, but thus far everything I've come across requires me to physically be with you. I'll keep hunting though.

    @Ava Love you too hon.

    @Chester Be very careful. From what I've seen and experienced so far, remembering it coming at you as a kid seems to make it step up it's attacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Ava- I might try to find a hypnotist then, because I don't really remember where my house was and if it still exists. I'm not even sure I want to find it, to be honest.

    Oh, yes I'm fine. I'm glad to see you alive and well too- you had me very worried there for a while! I haven't done anything that life threatening, so I don't see why I wouldn't be okay. You on the other hand...I thought you were actually gone for a few days.

    Yes, it's nice to know it wasn't just me. It makes me feel less strange, I suppose.

    Take care of yourself too in Egypt.

    To Vivi- I have noticed this. Maybe with all of the activity it's causing all of these children to remember what they had forgotten?

    That's a good idea. I wish I had some photos but apparently nothing exists, which is strange. Good luck with your search.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Kay- It's not as hard as it used to be. I guess I've sort of grown out of really worrying about it and letting it pull me down. It's not fun to talk about, but I'm never really sad about the fact anymore.
    Thank you for your help, Kay. You're a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chester, I have noticed that as well, about kids having Slenderman appear in their childhood. I know I'm one of the few exceptions to that. I know I never saw him as a kid. But I chose to make myself a target now, so I could join the fight and hopefully help others wthi what I can learn.

    -Lucien

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cathy: That wasn't me, that was Chester. xD

    @Kay: Interesting...we'll keep that in mind.

    @Lucien: We've looked through two years worth of photos so far (from birth to my 2nd birthday) and no sign of him so far. We'll try to look through another couple of years when we get home from work.

    --Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep on track, Cathy. We're with you every step of the way.

    Oh, and maybe try a dream journal. Some people use those when they immediatly wake up and write in them, so maybe that will work if your "dreams are memories" hypothesis is correct.

    Stay Safe

    -Kaiju

    ReplyDelete
  9. In response to Ava's suggestion, I do have some experience in progressive relaxation, perhaps we can try that in the event you find yourself under my roof.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There see Cathy! Another reason to go to Thage's!

    ReplyDelete