Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm uneasy

I go in for my job interview tomorrow, but somehow that doesn't look very nice anymore. Cynthia...she wrote that post last night when I fell asleep. I didn't mean to, but the night before, when she woke up screaming, I didn't sleep a wink and I was just so exhausted.

I regret going to bed now.

There is something wrong with my daughter, something she hasn't told me. Today I let her stay home from school when she asked me because of a conversation we had this morning. She was acting like everything was fine and that there was nothing wrong in the world, and yet she was so pale and shaking the entire time. I'm scared and I'm tempted to call the police, but there isn't enough evidence yet to prove that there might actually be someone following her around. Oh God, what if it's the same man who was stalking Rachel? I'm so scared- apparently he was outside our house last night if her last post is telling the truth.

And that's not even the worst part. Cynthia has been acting...strange, for lack of better words. After I talked to her this morning, she avoided me for the most part. That is, until I turned around from doing laundry and she was standing right behind me and just staring. When I asked her what she was doing, she didn't answer, just continued to stare for a few more seconds before walking off. I would've let it go, if I hadn't noticed after that that she would position herself in opposite rooms or perches to watch me. Never said a word, and she was half hidden for most of her positions. Like she didn't want me to be able to notice she was watching me.

I hate to say it, but I'm getting scared. It's not normal for her to be acting this way. And she has these huge bags under her eyes- I don't know how they formed so quickly! She's...not herself. And I think this has something to do with that man who's been following her. I'm going to try and figure out who it is, so I can end this without things getting worse.

Oh, and I've changed my password. I don't want her getting on this anymore so that maybe she'll talk to me instead of writing crazy things.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on? Or maybe any suggestions on how to catch this stalker?

-Cathy

2 comments:

  1. I apologise if I seem insensitive in this post, I assure you this is not usually the case but, you know, bad days and all...

    You're not going to want to hear this so I'll see if I can word this delicately...

    Is it...possible that your daughter has read up on a "Mythos" of The Slenderman? She could be...paranoid about that. I know it made me paranoid the first time I read it and I'm 17.

    Don't try and catch him. You'll endanger yourself and that's not a good idea with such a young child, which I'm sure you know.

    I hope you don't fob me off as "some teenage-kid" because even without my current blogging subjects, I'm no idiot.

    I wish you the sincerest luck,

    ~Avalesca
    The Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to leave so I don't have time to say much- nice to meet you, Avalesca- but no, she's never mentioned this, "Slenderman" or whatever it is you're talking about. I'm not sure how that would make her act out and I don't think a myth can make someone go missing.

    I just...I'll talk more later.

    ReplyDelete