Monday, January 17, 2011

Today was amazing!

I had the best night's sleep I've had in a very long time and woke up extremely refreshed! I had the nicest dream- it was something like being a kid again and I was playing with my mom and dad back when they were alive. Cynthia was feeling nice this morning too and she looked much better. When I sent her off to school we were both in a good mood, so I think things are looking up.

While she was out I was able to clean and cook dinner while watching some television (so many shows these days are crude, aren't they?). By the time Cynthia came home most everything was done. She did her homework, I checked it, and we sat down to watch a movie and eat. Which reminds me that I have another recipe for you guys! (And this time I'll just write it here.)

Garlic Salmon

INGREDIENTS: 
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
salt and pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 sprig fresh dill, chopped
5 slices lemon
5 sprigs fresh dill weed
2 green onions, chopped

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray two large pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
2. Place salmon fillet on top of one piece of foil. Sprinkle salmon with salt, pepper, garlic and chopped dill. Arrange lemon slices on top of fillet and place a sprig of dill on top of each lemon slice. Sprinkle fillet with chopped scallions.
3. Cover salmon with second piece of foil and pinch together foil to tightly seal. Place on a baking sheet or in a large baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until salmon flakes easily.

And, speaking of cooking, does anyone (oh imaginary viewers of mine) have any favorite cooks? I enjoy Anthony Bourdain - I would marry that man...well, not really. A bad marriage can attest to that, I suppose.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail the subject but my mind kind of goes everywhere at once, haha! Cynthia is going to bed and I'm probably going to sleep soon as well. Maybe I can get another amazing night of rest to make this week absolutely perfect.

Talk to everyone soon,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment