Sunday, January 23, 2011

Last Night

It was pretty rough. I...don't really know what to think. Cynthia had a nightmare. It wasn't one of the normal wake up sweating in bed ones either. I was woken up around two in the morning to her screaming at the top of her lungs. I panicked and rushed into her room to find her curled in a ball, pressed into the corner of her bed furthest from the doorway and crying.

It took me a few minutes to calm her down enough to ask her what happened. At first she didn't make sense. She was mixing her words up and kept looking around as though she was expecting something to happen. Then she finally managed to speak clearly.

"He was in here, mom. He tried to take me away."

I don't know what to think. I've chalked it all up to being a nightmare because I checked the whole room from top to bottom with Cynthia watching me, and there was no sign of anyone besides her and I being in the small bedroom. The window was still locked, and the door had been closed before I came inside. I don't know what would've caused such a vivid dream, but hopefully it won't happen again.

I ended up staying with Cynthia the rest of the night. She begged me not to leave the room, and I wasn't about to make her stay alone in her room after what just happened. Because of this we ended up skipping church too. When I suggested it this morning, Cynthia looked like she was going to throw up. She's not running a fever, but it's likely that the stress of the situation last night really got to her. Currently she's sitting downstairs with me, watching the television with a blanket wrapped around her. Only her face is visible.

What could have caused her to act in such an extreme manner? With all of these kids going missing I'm worried that maybe Cynthia saw something but didn't say anything until now. It's a crazy notion, but it's the only one I can think of besides school stress. And I really don't think school makes you scream at the top of your lungs about some tall man watching her while she slept.

I'm exhausted but hanging in there. I'm hoping that Cynthia will be okay by tomorrow so she can go to school. I don't want her missing too many classes.

Until next time,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment